The Ultimate Guide to the Best Halal Restaurants in London
London has long been known as a city of multi-cultural dining and taste experiences and the best restaurants in London are known to be amongst the best in the world. Wander the streets for long and you will find one of many superior London restaurants to suit even the most eclectic of tastes. When it comes to halal restaurants, London has plenty to offer. From premium steakhouse to pan Asian fun, we have a round up of some of the very best halal restaurants in London.
Halal Restaurants – Bintang ? Camden Town
Small wonder that Bintang has long been a mainstay on the list of halal restaurants in London. This small but hearty establishment offers a creative and eclectic menu based on a number of Asian cuisines.
Cuisine: Halal pan Asian cuisine with some surprising fusions from Malaysia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Vietnam and the Philippines. With staples such as katsu curry and surprises such as chicken liver popcorn, expect the unexpected.
Venue: What Bintang lacks in floor space, it makes up for in style and atmosphere. If quirky furnishings and crowded pop art is your thing, Bintang is the place to be.
- Lamb ribs marinated and braised in star anise, cloves and cinnamon then crispy coated in a homemade sweet barbecue sauce
- Oxtail rendang ? Malaysian slow stewed oxtail curry
- Tom yum soup
Benares ? Mayfair
When it comes to halal restaurants in London, Benares has it all with vibrant Indian cuisine and a Michelin star. The daring use of spices and textures has won this restaurant widespread commendation.
Cuisine: Indian restaurants in London are two-a-penny but Benares stands out with its modern tributes to cuisine across the Indian subcontinent and top standard British ingredients.
Venue: With a contemporary combination of liveliness and sophistication, Benares offers everything you would expect from one of the top halal restaurants in London, including the ?Chef?s Table? with full kitchen views and private dining for up to 34 people.
- Roasted Barbary duck breast with spelt pulao, spiced jus and fermented spring vegetables
- Smoked Tandoori Lamb Cutlets, saut?ed mangetouts, rogan sauce
- Lobster biryani with aromatic spiced rice, samphire and a pink peppercorn and fennel raita
Follow Benares on Instagram
Maroush ? Edgware Road
Cuisine: A wide selection of hot and cold mezze, fit to burst with the zest and flavours of Lebanese cuisine plus main courses to satisfy the most hungry of diners. Maroush?s extensive menu has something for everyone and, if you can?t decide, it also offers a selection of best-of-the-best set menus and platters.
Venue: One of the more flamboyant halal restaurants in London, Maroush Edgeware Road is set over two floors with a large basement dining area hosting nightly live music and belly dancing and a more relaxed main floor sit-down area.
- Tawayeh lahem with rice ? Cubes of tender lamb cooked with onion, garlic, green peppers and tomatoes
- Soujok ? Home-made spicy Lebanese sausages, saut?ed in lemon
- Tabbouleh ? Parsley salad with tomato, fresh mint, onion, cracked wheat, lemon juice and an olive oil dressing
Dishoom ? West End
If you are looking for a cross between Bombay caf? culture and London halal restaurant, Dishoom is the place for you. Once you have experienced its bustling and informal atmosphere (no reservations), you will be sure to want to return.
Cuisine: A London restaurant that provides everything from a hot, chilli-laden breakfast to a delicious, taste of India dinner, Dishoom focuses on Indian with a twist and has a simple but extensive menu.
Venue: A bustling caf?-style venue with d?cor that is a confusion of Bollywood and vintage hipster. Dishoom presents itself as a complete experience and, as such, stands up against more traditional halal restaurants in London.
- Bombay omelette with three eggs, chopped tomato, onion, coriander and green chilli.
- Dishoom chicken tikka marinated in sweet vinegar, ginger juice, turmeric, garlic and green chilli
- Keema Pau ? spiced minced lamb and peas with a toasted, buttered, home-made bun
Guanabana ? Camden Town
In your search for halal restaurants in London that are just that bit different, you may well find that Guanabana suits your taste. With exotic delights on offer from Mexico, Jamaica, Columbia and elsewhere, you won?t be short of choice.
Cuisine: Guanabana have specialised in Latin Caribbean cuisine since 2007. Their menu is as bright and eclectic as the colourful paper it is printed on and with a ?hangover plate? to compliment and maybe follow their party menu, diners with a sense of fun won?t be disappointed.
Venue: Guanabana has remained true to its amiable, family-run roots and offers relaxed dining in an indoor/outdoor, back to basics environment.
- Pickled cactus fries served with sour cream and chives
- Jerk chicken served with rice, peas and plantain
- The hangover plate ? dirty rice with chorizo, beef bacon, sausage, beans, queso fresco cheese, tomatoes, coriander, croutons and a jerk seasoned fried egg
Babaji Pide ? Shaftesbury Avenue
If you haven?t tasted the pide or Turkish-style pizza, this is one of the halal restaurants in London that allows you to do so. Babaji Pide also offers traditional Turkish soups, salads and seafood.
Cuisine: One of the best restaurants in London for Turkish food, Babaji Pide puts a strong emphasis on pide, a boat-shaped flat bread, with an exciting range of Turkish-style toppings.
Venue: The focal point of this halal restaurant in London is the traditional brick oven. The venue style is smart Turkish with plenty of seating and an energetic atmosphere.
- Pide Kayseri with beef pastrami, Izmir Tulum, kasar cheese, fresh tomato and Turkish pepper
- Lentil Soup (a tasty Turkish staple)
- Alinazik ? Best end of lamb with aubergine puree and yoghurt
The Meat Co ? Westfield
Not just any steakhouse, The Meat Co has an international reputation and is one of the best restaurants in London for unique cuts of meat and signature steaks. Meat Co also offers the very best in seafood and daily vegetarian options.
Cuisine: One of London?s halal restaurants (with the exception of a couple of menu items) specialising in premium and aged meats.
Venue: Two levels of sleek, modern interior make this one of the most welcoming halal restaurants in London. Enjoy superb food in a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere surrounded by wood and natural stone.
- Flame grilled Australian wagyu rib-eye
- Lamb rump skewer with courgettes and shallots, marinated in Mauritian spices
- Pan seared salmon fillet with poached prawns and a leek velout? sauce
Visit The Meat Co
At IMS of Smithfield we are proud to supply meat to many of the best restaurants in London. We offer competitive pricing on halal meats and our expert staff are happy to give advice on all bespoke meat products. For more information, please get in touch with us today by calling us 020 7833080.