DELIVERY AND STORAGE
DELIVERY PROCESS AND TIMING
We are delighted to offer fast delivery to all London postcodes within the M25. Our in-house team and drivers are working around the clock to ensure that your orders are delivered safely directly to your door. To check if we deliver to your area, please CLICK HERE or contact our team on 0207 383 3080. Lines are open Monday – Friday 7.30am-4.30pm.
Once you have placed your order, you will be contacted by our customer services team to provide you with a specific delivery day. This is typically within 48-72 hours of placing your order.
In order to protect our drivers and customers, we are currently delivering between 8am-7pm Monday-Friday and are unable to take delivery time slot requests at present.
LONDON, INCLUDING GREATER LONDON (WITHIN M25)
Delivery is charged at £5 for orders under £50
Delivery is FREE for all orders over £50
Each order is cut fresh and packaged on the day that it is being sent out for delivery. Apart from our burgers and sausages, we vacuum pack all of our products to preserve freshness and reduce bacteria growth which will spoil the meat.
All of our products should arrive with a use by or expiry date (typically 5 days from the packaging date), however please find below some handy tips that will help maintain the quality and freshness of your meat and poultry prior to cooking:
- Remove the meat or poultry from the vacuum packing at least 45 minutes prior to cooking.
- You may notice that the appearance and odour of the meat is different to expected, however this will change once the product re-oxidises.
- Once the product is free from packaging please ensure that it is kept refrigerated. Your fridge temperature should be at 5 °C or below.
- If possible, store raw products below cooked or ready-to-eat products. We advise designating a whole area in your fridge to your raw meat products, ideally on the bottom shelf.
- Avoid leaving refrigerator doors open longer than necessary as this can lead to increased temperatures inside your fridge.
- Once the meat has been removed from its packaging and is refrigerated, the product will start to re-oxidise and you will notice that the colour and odour is restored.
- The product will now be ready for cooking in your preferred way.
- All burgers and sausages will be delivered tray wrapped. These can be refrigerated in this packaging up until the use by date stated.
FREEZING YOUR MEAT
- We always recommend freezing meat and poultry on the day you receive your purchase.
- If the products are vacuum packaged, please remove from the packaging and store within your refrigerator (as above) for 45 minutes to allow the meat or poultry to re-oxidise.
- Following this, place the product in a food safe freezer bag, preferably with as little space and air around it as possible.
- We would recommend packing portions separately to avoid risk of freezer burn. You can then consume this mean within 3 months.
- To defrost, remove the meat from the freezer 24 hours before use and store in the bottom shelf of your refrigerator away from cooked or ready-to-eat products.
Finally, on the day of consumption, please remove red meat from your refrigerator to bring up to room temperature, for 1 hour maximum, before cooking.